I am writing to you today because I know that you have faced unprecedented disruption to your education this year due to the pandemic. Exams can be daunting at the best of times, but a global pandemic has the potential to make exams in 2021 even more challenging. I know that many of you have lost a substantial amount of time at school or college due to the pandemic and that you are working hard to catch-up.
On that basis, some of you might think that we should cancel exams next year and I sympathise with that viewpoint. However, I think that would be the wrong thing to do. Let me explain why.
Whilst they are stressful, exams are the best way for you to demonstrate what you know and can do. They offer you a fair, independent opportunity to demonstrate your abilities and give you control over your future and what you can achieve. Full letter below
Your examination certificates are now available to collect from school.
Whilst you cannot come into the school, you can come to the main entrance and the certificates will be given to you.
If you want someone else to fetch these for you then they must have your written permission to do so.
11th August 2020
Hopefully all will be fine when you receive your results but if you have a problem or question, the government has produced an information booklet for you. This can be found by clicking the link below.
Any appeals about results are more complicated this year and if you want to appeal you need to contact myself or Mr Windsor as soon as possible.
Results are available in person on Thursday 13th August from 09.00 for A levels and Thursday 20th August from 09.00 for GCSE. All necessary social distancing will be in force and you must not come to the school if you have any Covid-19 symptoms or are self isolating.
I will email your results if you send me an email address. If I do not see you or hear from you I will post your results.
I hope you get good news and wish you well for the future.
16th July 2020
I would like to invite you into school to collect your examination results.
A level results will be available from 09.00-12.00 on 13th August.
GCSE results will be available from 09.00-12.00 on 20th August.
In line with Government guidelines strict social distancing and hygiene will be in place.
- Only you as the candidate can collect your results. Please do not arrive in groups.
- If you have used public transport remove your mask and dispose of it in the bins provided.
- Please enter through the main entrance, use the hand sanitisers and collect your results which will be laid out in the foyer in alphabetical order.
- You can then leave the school by the exit in the English corridor.
- Staff will be available to offer advice about your results and future options.
- Please return locker keys and any textbooks and place in the boxes in the entrance foyer.
- If you cannot collect your results, or do not want to collect your results I will post them to you. If you supply me with your email address, I will email them to you.
Please do not come onto site if you or a household member have a confirmed case or are symptomatic. Please remember to access a test if you are symptomatic and follow government guidance if contacted by NHS test and trace. If you or a household member have been in contact with anyone else where any of these factors apply, please do not come to school.
If you have any questions, please contact me.