We have received the following communication from Staffordshire County Council with regards to the current COVID situation. I have included the measures we will be taking up to half term, and beyond if necessary. This information is also being communicated to parents today. While our in-school rates are not high, I will be reintroducing some measures to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We will be taking the following measures at Norton Canes High School.
- Students and staff are to wear a face covering in corridors and in communal areas, such as the canteen. At the moment, we are not asking students or staff to wear them in classrooms unless they wish to.
- Students are to wear a face covering on the school bus
- Enhanced cleaning across the school throughout the day, including wiping tables at end of lessons.
- Regular sanitising when entering and leaving school and classrooms
- Visitors are only allowed to attend via appointment – our reception door will be locked and entry is not permitted without prior arrangement.
These measures will start from Wednesday 6th October.
Mrs S Diggory